What is a barrier game?
Barrier games are a fun and interactive oral language activity that can be used to target just about any communication skill you can think of. They are incredibly versatile and can be used to help children:
- Follow verbal directions
- Give clear and accurate directions
- Speak in well constructed sentences
- Use age-appropriate grammar
- Ask and answer WH questions
- Increase receptive and expressive vocabulary skills
- Strengthen auditory memory skills
- Speed up language processing time
- Practice social language skills
That’s quite a list, but with a little know how, there is no limit on what you can do with a good barrier game! Learn more about it in our blog - What is a Barrier Game?